New Car Awards Logos 2020
These Rules are subject to the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions which are incorporated into these Rules by reference.
Terms defined in the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions shall have the same meaning in these Rules provided that, should a term be defined in both the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions and these Rules, the meaning of the term defined in these Rules shall have precedence in relation to the Rules.
- In these Rules, unless the context otherwise requires, the following terms have the following meanings:
- “Auto Trader IP” means Auto Trader’s trademarks, name, logos, branding and all other Intellectual Property Rights belonging to Auto Trader, including (without limitation) the Winner’s Logo;
- “Award Winner” means a new car model that is a winner in a category at the New Car Awards;
- “New Car Awards” means Auto Trader’s annual new car awards, which this year is to be held on Thursday 2 July 2020;
- “Relevant Dealer” means a retailer who is an Auto Trader customer and who is a franchise (meaning they hold a retail franchise from a vehicle manufacturer) car dealer authorised to sell an Award Winner or multiple Award Winners;
- “Winner’s Logo” means the logo denoting an Award Winner, which may be downloaded from the Webpage by a Relevant Dealer and used by the Relevant Dealer in respect of its marketing of an Award Winner;
- “Webpage” means Auto Trader’s webpage at https://trade.autotrader.co.uk/industry-latest/new-car-awards-2020.
- Following the New Car Awards, Auto Trader will publish details of any Award Winners on the Auto Trader Platform.
- Auto Trader shall notify a Relevant Dealer if they are entitled to use the Winner’s Logo in respect of any cars that they sell and/or market that are Award Winners. The Relevant Dealer shall be entitled to download the corresponding Winner’s Logo from the Webpage and shall have a licence to use it in respect of its marketing of the Award Winner (including, without limitation, on the Auto Trader Platform). If the Relevant Dealer sells and/or markets multiple Award Winners, the Relevant Dealer shall be entitled to download and use the Winner’s Logo for each of the relevant Award Winners.
- By downloading a Winner’s Logo, the Relevant Dealer agrees to comply with these Rules at all times.
- The Relevant Dealer shall only be permitted to use the Winner’s Logo during the 12-month period in respect of which the award relates (i.e. from 2 July 2020 until the next New Car Awards, which are due to take place in May 2021).
- The Relevant Dealer shall ensure that it’s use of the Winner’s Logo complies with any guidelines issued by Auto Trader (which shall be published on the Webpage). Auto Trader shall retain ownership of the Auto Trader IP at all times.
- The Relevant Dealer undertakes to ensure that its use of the Winner’s Logo shall in no way reduce or diminish the reputation, image and prestige of Auto Trader or the Auto Trader IP.
- The Relevant Dealer shall not, nor directly or indirectly assist any other person to:
- modify, alter, adapt, copy or imitate the Winner’s Logo, in order to give the impression that another car is an Award Winner or for any other misleading or fraudulent purpose(s);
- use the Winner’s Logo or any other Auto Trader IP except as expressly permitted under these Rules; or
- do or omit to do anything to diminish the rights of Auto Trader in respect of the Auto Trader IP.
- The Relevant Dealer shall only have a right to use the Winner’s Logo in accordance with these Rules for as long as the Relevant Dealer retains its franchise to sell the Award Winner(s).
- Auto Trader may at any time require a Relevant Dealer to cease its use of the Winner’s Logo, on giving notice to the Relevant Dealer, in the event that Auto Trader becomes aware or reasonably suspects that the Relevant Dealer:
- does not hold, or has ceased to hold, a franchise to sell the Award Winner(s); or
- has breached any of these Rules or the terms of the Advertising Agreement.
- Auto Trader reserves the right to amend, modify or withdraw these Rules, or any of the Award Logos from the Webpage, at any point with immediate effect.