Auto Trader Top Spot
These Rules apply to the "Auto Trader Top Spot Product" which provides Qualifying Advertisers (as defined below) with the opportunity for individual vehicle adverts to be displayed in a "Featured Seller" carousel at the top of the Auto Trader search results pages on a CPM (cost per mille/thousand) basis.
This product is provided subject to the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions which are incorporated into the Rules by reference.
Terms defined in the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions shall have the same meaning in these Rules provided that, should a term be defined in both the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions and these Rules, the meaning of the term defined in these Rules shall have precedence in relation to the Rules.
- "Auto Trader Top Spot Product" means Auto Trader's product that allows up to 6 vehicles from a Qualifying Advertiser's Live Stock list to be displayed in the "Top Spot" in respect of searches in the Target Postcodes, during the Campaign Period, on a CPM basis;
- "Campaign" means a Qualifying Advertiser's campaign using the Auto Trader Top Spot Product, in respect of which the Qualifying Advertiser shall define the Campaign Period, Contracted Budget and the Target Postcodes;
- "Campaign Period" means the period of time defined by the Qualifying Advertiser (which shall be for a minimum of 24 hours), during which the Auto Trader Top Spot Product will be applied to the Qualifying Advertiser's Live Stock list;
- "Contracted Budget" means the amount (in pounds sterling) selected by the Qualifying Advertiser, which determines the budget (based on Search Impressions calculated on a CPM basis) for each Day during the Campaign;
- "CPM basis" (or "cost per mille/thousand") means that the Qualifying Advertiser will pay a specified amount for every one-thousand Search Impressions delivered during the Campaign Period;
- "Day" means the period running from 00.00am (midnight) until 23.59pm on any day during the Campaign Period;
- "Live Stock" means the Qualifying Advertiser's full list of car stock which is currently live and being advertised on the Auto Trader Website;
- "Qualifying Advertisers" means Advertisers who sell cars and currently have a premium contracted selling package with Auto Trader;
- "Search Impression" means each time the Qualifying Advertiser's vehicles are displayed in the Top Spot. Each time the Qualifying Advertiser's vehicles are displayed in the Top Spot will be counted as one Search Impression (so, for example, if 6 vehicles are displayed in the Top Spot in respect of the same search, that will count as one Search Impression);
- "Target Postcodes" means up to 10 different postcode areas that may be selected by the Qualifying Advertiser as part of their Campaign;
- "Top Spot" means the "Featured Seller" carousel, which is the high-profile advertising slot at the top of the search results pages on the Auto Trader Platforms; and
- "Working week" means Monday to Friday between the hours of 8am and 6pm.
Auto Trader Top Spot Product
- Only Live Stock which has a minimum of 5 images will qualify to be displayed via the Auto Trader Top Spot Product.
- Where a consumer searches for a vehicle in the Target Postcodes, Auto Trader's algorithm will identify which of the Qualifying Advertiser's Live Stock are most relevant to the search. The first vehicle displayed in the Top Spot will always be an exact match for the consumer's search and the subsequent vehicles displayed in the Top Spot (up to a maximum of 6) will be based on a looser relevancy to the consumer's search. Auto Trader does not guarantee that any particular number (or any at all) of the Qualifying Advertiser’s vehicles will be displayed in the Top Spot in respect of any search.
- Delivery of Search Impressions is not guaranteed. The Contracted Budget is a guide to the number of Search Impressions the Qualifying Advertiser wishes to purchase. Several factors can lead to the under-delivery of Search Impressions which may be outside of Auto Trader's control. These include, without limitation, site traffic, technical issues, reductions in dealer stock, low image penetration and competition from other Advertisers using the Auto Trader Top Spot Product.
- Auto Trader will endeavour to serve Search Impressions uniformly across all Target Postcodes, but Auto Trader does not guarantee equal coverage across all Target Postcodes and/or that it will serve Search Impressions in all of the specified Target Postcodes.
- Auto Trader will stop displaying the Qualifying Advertiser's vehicles in the Top Spot as soon as the Contracted Budget has been attained during any Day (which is measured from 00.00am (midnight) until 23.59pm) during the Campaign Period. On occasion over-delivery of Search Impressions may occur, but any delivery of Search Impressions above the Contracted Budget for the relevant Day will not be charged to the Qualifying Advertiser.
- Auto Trader cannot guarantee that an Advertisement will appear in the Top Spot, or in any specific number of searches across each platform or generate a specific number of ad views across each platform or position.
Charges & Payments
- Qualifying Advertisers will be charged for the number of Search Impressions that are delivered each Day within the Campaign Period. This will never exceed the maximum Contracted Budget per Day.
- Charges for the Auto Trader Top Spot Product will be added to the Qualifying Advertiser's monthly bill, based on the number of Search Impressions delivered within the previous calendar month. Charges for the Auto Trader Top Spot Product will be identifiable under a separate heading in the monthly bill. If a Campaign Period crosses over two or more calendar months, the Charges will be split between the invoices based on the calendar month in which the relevant Search Impressions were delivered.
Changes to the Contracted Budget and Cancellations
- A Qualifying Advertiser may request an increase or reduction in the Contracted Budget at any time during the Working Week, but such change will only take effect at 23.59pm on the Day that notice of the change is received by Auto Trader. The Qualifying Advertiser shall be charged for any Search Impressions that are delivered (up to the existing Contracted Budget) until the time that the change in the Contracted Budget becomes effective.
- Advertisers can cancel a Campaign at any time. The cancellation will become effective at 23.59pm on the Day that notice of cancellation is received by Auto Trader. Auto Trader shall be entitled to charge the Qualifying Advertiser for any Search Impressions that are delivered (within the Contracted Budget) up until the time the cancellation becomes effective.
- The Auto Trader Top Spot Product is provided to Qualifying Advertisers on an "as is" basis.
- Auto Trader does not warrant that the use of the Auto Trader Top Spot Product will be uninterrupted or error-free. The Qualifying Advertiser acknowledges that Auto Trader cannot guarantee that the Auto Trader Top Spot Product and/or the Auto Trader Platforms will be continuously available. For the avoidance of doubt, Auto Trader shall have no liability, and no refunds or credits shall be offered, to any Qualifying Advertiser in respect of interruptions to the Auto Trader Top Spot Product and/or the Auto Trader Platforms arising as a result of maintenance and/or repair work and/or due to circumstances outside of Auto Trader's reasonable control.
- Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the limitations of liability set out in the Main Advertising Terms and Conditions shall also apply to these Rules.
- Without limitation to its other rights and remedies, Auto Trader may suspend or terminate a Campaign at any time (without notice) if it suspects that a Qualifying Advertiser (or any of the Qualifying Advertiser's employees or other representatives) has failed to adhere to the terms of the Advertising Agreement, these Rules and/or the Advertising Guidelines (e.g. by publishing incorrect mileage or fraudulent Adverts).
- In the event of a breach of these Rules by any Qualifying Advertiser, such breach shall be deemed a breach of the Main Advertising Terms and Conditions and Auto Trader be entitled to such rights and remedies available to it thereunder.
- Auto Trader reserves the right to amend, suspend or terminate the Auto Trader Top Spot Product at any time and Auto Trader shall notify the Qualifying Advertiser in any such event.
- Auto Trader may modify these Rules from time to time and Advertisers should therefore ensure that they review these Rules regularly.