Stock Benefit 2020
Stock Benefit 2020 is provided subject to the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions which are incorporated into these Rules by reference.
Terms defined in the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions shall have the same meaning in these Rules provided that, should a term be defined in both the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions and these Rules, the meaning of the term defined in these Rules shall have precedence in relation to the Rules.
Business Rules ("Rules")
In these Rules, unless the context otherwise requires, the following terms have the following meanings:
- "Additional Adverts" means Adverts that can be added to a Package at any time without a Qualifying Advertiser upgrading its Contracted Stock Level;
- "Contracted Stock Level" means the number of advertisements the Qualifying Advertiser has contracted for under their Advertising Agreement as at 16th March 2020 (and, if applicable, including any upgrade to the number of contracted advertisements during the Offer Period);
- "Offer Period" means the Stage 1 Offer Period and the Stage 2 Offer Period together;
- "Qualifying Advertiser" means all retailers who have an active Advertising Agreement in place with Auto Trader as of 16th March 2020 and who have not subsequently cancelled their Advertising Agreement or downgraded their Contracted Stock Level during the Offer Period;
- "Stage 1 Offer Period" means the period between 16th March 2020 and 16th July 2020 (inclusive);
- "Stage 2 Offer Period" means the period between 17th July 2020 and 8th September 2020 (inclusive); and
- "Stock Benefit 2020" means the stock offer operated by Auto Trader, which allows Qualifying Advertisers to:
- advertise up to double their Contracted Stock Level at no extra charge and have the option of purchasing Additional Adverts at a 50% discount when compared with Auto Trader’s current rate for Additional Adverts, during the Stage 1 Offer Period (“Stage 1 Offer”); and
- purchase unlimited Additional Adverts (over and above their Contracted Stock Level) at a 75% discount when compared with their current contracted stock rate under their Adverting Agreement, during the Stage 2 Offer Period (“Stage 2 Offer”).
- Qualifying Advertisers will be responsible for adding any additional vehicles which it becomes entitled to as part of the Stock Benefit 2020 either through Portal or via a stock feed.
- If, during the Offer Period, any Qualifying Advertiser either: (i) cancels their Advertising Agreement; or (ii) downgrades their Contracted Stock Level, such Qualifying Advertiser shall no longer qualify for Stock Benefit 2020 from the date on which such downgrade or cancellation becomes effective (subject to the remainder of this Clause in respect of downgrades to Contracted Stock Levels). If a Qualifying Advertiser downgrades their Contracted Stock Level, they will automatically become eligible for the Stock Benefit 2020 again if they revert to the Contracted Stock Level (as at 16th March 2020) before the end of the Offer Period.
- The Stock Benefit 2020 will still apply to Qualifying Advertisers who, during the Offer Period, choose to: (i) downgrade either their Package or any Product(s); and/or (ii) downgrade their Additional Adverts.
- Qualifying Advertisers can upgrade their Contracted Stock Level at any time during the Stage 1 Offer Period and the Stage 1 Offer will apply to the additional contracted Advertisements once the upgrade has been applied.
- For the avoidance of doubt, where a Qualifying Advertiser chooses to purchase Additional Adverts at a 50% discount under the Stage 1 Offer, the purchase of Additional Adverts shall not increase the Qualifying Advertiser’s Contracted Stock Level and the Stage 1 Offer shall not be applied to such Additional Adverts.
- Subject to Clause 8 below, immediately following the end of the Stage 1 Offer Period, Qualifying Advertisers’ stock levels will revert to their Contracted Stock Level as at 16th March 2020.
- During the Stage 2 Offer Period, Qualifying Advertisers who have participated in the Stage 1 Offer (who have not cancelled their Advertising Agreement or downgraded their Contracted Stock Level) will have the option to purchase Additional Advertisements under the Stage 2 Offer.
- Communication regarding the Stock Benefit 2020 will be via email, Portal and SMS.
- Qualifying Advertisers cannot advertise stock in connection with the Stock Benefit 2020 on behalf of a third party or another dealer.
- Auto Trader reserves the right to refuse to allow any Qualifying Advertiser to participate or continue to participate in the Stock Benefit 2020 at any time, at our sole discretion.
- Auto Trader reserves the right to amend, modify or remove this Stock Benefit 2020 at any point with immediate effect.