Stock Benefit 2020
Stock Benefit 2020 is provided subject to the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions which are incorporated into these Rules by reference.
Terms defined in the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions shall have the same meaning in these Rules provided that, should a term be defined in both the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions and these Rules, the meaning of the term defined in these Rules shall have precedence in relation to the Rules.
Business Rules ("Rules")
In these Rules, unless the context otherwise requires, the following terms have the following meanings:
- "Additional Adverts" means Adverts that can be added to a Package at any time without a Qualifying Retailer upgrading its Contracted Stock Level;
- "Bargain Advert" means an Advert for a car or van which is priced at £2,000 or less;
- "Bargain Standard Package Trial" means the promotion operated by Auto Trader which allows, for a specified duration, Qualifying Advertisers to utilise 5 Bargain Adverts and 1 standard advert at a fixed promotional cost;
- "Contracted Stock Level" means (i) in respect of Qualifying Advertisers not on the Bargain Standard Package Trial, the number of advertisements the Qualifying Advertiser has contracted for under their Advertising Agreement as at 16th March 2020 (and, if applicable, including any upgrade to the number of contracted advertisements during the Offer Period) and (ii) in respect of Qualifying Advertisers on the Bargain Standard Package Trial, the number of Bargain Adverts the Qualifying Advertiser has contracted for under their Advertising Agreement as at 16th March 2020 (and, if applicable, including any upgrade to the number of contracted Bargain Adverts during the Offer Period).
- "Offer Period" means, subject to Clause 3 below, the period between 16th March 2020 and 31st May 2020 (inclusive);
- "Qualifying Advertiser" means all retailers who have an active Advertising Agreement in place with Auto Trader as of 16th March 2020; and
- "Stock Benefit 2020" means the stock offer operated by Auto Trader, which allows Qualifying Advertisers to advertise up to double their Contracted Stock Level at no extra charge, during the Offer Period.
- Qualifying Advertisers will be responsible for adding any additional vehicles which it becomes entitled to as part of the Stock Benefit 2020 either through Portal or via a stock feed.
- For Qualifying Advertisers who have pending stock downgrades or cancellations as at 16th March 2020, the Offer Period will apply from 16th March until 23rd March 2020 (inclusive). If the Qualifying Advertiser gives notice to Auto Trader to retract their stock downgrade or cancellation (as applicable) before 23.59 on 22nd March 2020, the full Offer Period (until 31st May 2020) will apply to the Qualifying Advertiser.
- Qualifying Advertisers will no longer qualify for Stock Benefit 2020 if, during the Offer Period, they give notice to either: (i) cancel their Advertising Agreement; or (ii) (subject to the remainder of this Clause) downgrade their Contracted Stock Level. If a Qualifying Advertiser downgrades their Contracted Stock Level, they will automatically become eligible for the Stock Benefit 2020 again if they revert to the Contracted Stock Level (as at 16th March 2020) before the end of the Offer Period.
- The Stock Benefit 2020 will still apply to Qualifying Advertisers who, during the Offer Period, choose to: (i) downgrade either their Package or any Product(s); and/or (ii) downgrade their Additional Stock.
- Qualifying Advertisers can upgrade their Contracted Stock Level at any time during the Offer Period and the Stock Benefit 2020 will apply to the additional contracted Advertisements (or Bargain Adverts, where the Qualifying Advertiser is on the Bargain package Trial) once the upgrade has been applied.
- In addition, for the duration of the Offer Period, Qualifying Retailers can purchase Additional Adverts at a 50% discount when compared with Auto Trader’s current rate for Additional Adverts. For the avoidance of doubt, the purchase of Additional Adverts shall not increase a Qualifying Retailer’s Contracted Stock Level, and Stock Benefit 2020 shall not be applied to such Additional Adverts.
- In respect of Qualifying Advertisers who (prior to 16th March 2020) were taking part in the Independent Stock Offer (under which the relevant Advertisers are permitted to purchase additional stock at a 50% discount compared to their current contracted stock rate under their Advertising Agreement and which was due to run until 30th April 2020), such Qualifying Advertisers will be charged for the relevant additional stock at the 50% discount rate up until 15th March 2020; after which date the Independent Stock Offer will cease to apply. From Monday 16th March 2020, such Qualifying Advertisers will be able to benefit from the Stock Benefit 2020 in order to advertise up to double their Contracted Stock Level at no extra cost until the end of the Offer Period. This clause shall not apply to Qualifying Advertisers who are on the Bargain Standard Package Trial.
- Immediately following the end of the Offer Period, Qualifying Advertisers’ stock levels will revert to their Contracted Stock Level as at 16th March 2020, unless the Qualifying Advertiser has opted to purchase the additional Advertisements or Bargain Adverts (as applicable) following the end of the Offer Period.
- Communication regarding the Stock Benefit 2020 will be via email, Portal and SMS.
- Qualifying Advertisers cannot advertise stock in connection with the Stock Benefit 2020 on behalf of a third party or another dealer.
- Auto Trader reserves the right to refuse to allow any Qualifying Advertiser to participate or continue to participate in the Stock Benefit 2020 at any time, at our sole discretion.
- Auto Trader reserves the right to amend, modify or remove this Stock Benefit 2020 at any point with immediate effect.