Partner Finance allows Dealers to display a monthly finance offer in connection with a third-party credit broker (“Partner”) on the search results page & their full-page advert. This helps consumers when purchasing a vehicle. The consumer is provided with the opportunity to be introduced to a suitable lender in connection to purchasing a vehicle through monthly finance payments. If the consumer wishes to proceed with a finance agreement, the Dealer will receive the agreed price of the vehicle from the relevant lender. Please note that Auto Trader or Zuto (see below) do not offer a source of credit, or a finance product directly to the consumer.
This service is provided subject to our Main Advertising Terms and Conditions which are incorporated into the Rules by reference. Terms defined in the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions shall have the same meaning in these Rules provided that, should a term be defined in both the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions and these Rules, the meaning of the term defined in these Rules shall have precedence in relation to the Rules.
- “Finance” refers to a secured finance agreement as regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974, between the consumer (or borrower) and the lender for the purpose of purchasing a vehicle.
- “Partner Finance” refers to the product provided by Auto Trader, which displays a monthly finance offer on the Dealer’s full-page advert.
- “Partner” refers to the third-party companies we work with. These companies are credit brokers and include:
- Zuto Limited. Registered in England. Registered number 05722976. Registered Office: Winterton House, Winterton Way, Macclesfield, Cheshire SK11 0LP. Zuto Limited act as a credit broker and introduce consumers to their panel of lenders.
- Partner Finance provides a monthly finance promotion and a finance calculator displayed on full page adverts and the advert in the search results page. It allows consumers to choose their preferred deposit amount, duration or term of finance agreement and the mileage of the chosen vehicle. This information is used to determine the potential monthly payment for the chosen vehicle. If the consumer wishes to proceed with the potential monthly payment, they can apply through the Partner for the finance agreement.
- The Partner will contact the Dealer to facilitate the finance for the relevant vehicle and complete the transaction with the consumer.
- Eligibility for the product
- This product is available to any Retailer.
- The monthly finance promotion and calculator will only display on Cars that are within the following criteria:
- Minimum deposit is required of £1,000 up to a maximum £350,000.
- Minimum term of agreement is 12 months up to a maximum of 60 months
- Vehicle must be no more than 12 years old and cannot exceed 15 years old throughout the duration of the finance agreement.
- The mileage of the vehicle must be no more than 150,000.
- Third Party
- Our Partners act as a credit broker in helping consumers find a suitable lender should they wish to purchase a vehicle on finance.
- Auto Trader have no control over the APR (Annual Percentage Rates) or other rates that are offered to consumers or displayed on Full Page Adverts. This is generated by the panel of lenders in connection with those Partners.
- Our Partner Finance product is currently free of charge. We reserve the right to apply a charge at any point in the future. Any change in pricing will be notified to customers with 7 days’ notice.
- Cancellation & Termination
- We aim to provide the consumer with the opportunity of purchasing a vehicle on finance. However, if you wish to opt-out of Partner Finance, please contact our Customer Services Team (this option excludes Pay As You Go Non-Club customers).
- Auto Trader provide the Dealer’s information to our Partners. If any Dealer has been excluded by our Partner, we reserve right to withhold or terminate the product for that Dealer. If the Dealer wishes to dispute this, please contact the Partner directly.