Home Delivery Badge
Home Delivery Badge is an advertising content enhancement feature that provides car buyers with a visual indicator of retailers who offer a home delivery service and allows such retailers to detail some of the key components of such service.
These Business Rules (“Rules”) are provided subject to the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions.
Terms defined in the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions shall have the same meaning in these Rules provided that, should a term be defined in both the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions and these Rules, the meaning of the term defined in these Rules shall have precedence in relation to the Rules.
In these Rules, unless the context otherwise requires, the following terms have the following meanings:
- “Home Delivery Advert” means a full-page Advertisement on the Auto Trader Platform that features the Home Delivery Display;
- “Home Delivery Area” means the defined set of post code areas in mainland Great Britain (such post code areas to be identified using the Royal Mail’s identification system) that is specified by the Advertiser via Portal, which represent the geographical areas in which the Advertiser agrees to deliver any of its advertised vehicles to a buyer;
- “Home Delivery Badge” means the visual badge or marker that is used to indicate that the Advertiser offers the Home Delivery Service;
- “Home Delivery Display” means the Home Delivery Badge and information about the Advertiser’s Home Delivery Service, which (where the Advertiser opts-in to the Product) will automatically be applied to all of the Advertiser’s full-page Advertisements returned in respect of Relevant Searches;
- “Home Delivery Service” means the service offered by the Advertiser for the delivery of vehicles to a buyer at their home address within the Home Delivery Area; and
- “Relevant Searches” means searches for vehicles for sale on the Auto Trader Platform, where the geographical search parameters (i.e. a geographical radius) return results which are based on the Advertiser’s location and not the Home Delivery Area.
- The Home Delivery Badge is available for use by all Advertisers who offer a Home Delivery Service and have an Advertising Agreement in place with Auto Trader, subject to these Rules. For the avoidance of doubt, the Home Delivery Badge is not available to private advertisers or ‘pay as you go’ advertisers.
- Advertisers can opt-in to use the Home Delivery Badge through Portal and will be prompted to specify the Home Delivery Area and to provide specific details about the Advertiser’s Home Delivery Service, which will appear in the Home Delivery Display. Upon an Advertiser opting in to use the Home Delivery Badge in accordance with these Rules, the Home Delivery Display will automatically be applied to all of the Advertiser’s full-page Advertisements returned in respect of Relevant Searches.
The Advertiser shall:
- ensure that the information it provides about its Home Delivery Service is complete, correct and up to date at all times. The Advertiser can update this information through Portal at any time;
- ensure that the advertised sales price in a Home Delivery Advert does not include any delivery fees and that the Home Delivery Advert clearly specifies whether additional delivery fees shall be payable by the buyer;
- ensure that its Home Delivery Service shall be an optional service for the buyer;
- be fully responsible for the operation of its Home Delivery Service and have capability to deliver vehicles within its Home Delivery Area;
- comply with its obligations under the Advertising Agreement in respect of any Home Delivery Adverts; and
- f. comply with all laws, regulations, advertising codes, guidelines and any other requirements applicable to the advertising, sale and delivery of any car via a Home Delivery Advert. In particular, but without limitation, the Advertiser shall ensure that it is aware of and complies with its legal obligations in respect of online and/or distance selling (as applicable), which extend additional rights to consumers (for further information, see https://www.gov.uk/online-and-distance-selling-for-businesses ).
- The Advertiser can opt-out of using the Home Delivery Badge at any time through Portal. Such change will be effective within 4 hours and the Advertiser shall be responsible for fulfilling any order for the delivery of a vehicle that it accepts in connection with a Home Delivery Advert in the meantime.
- The design and format of the Home Delivery Display, and its location on the full-page Advertisements, shall be determined by Auto Trader and may be amended by Auto Trader at any time at Auto Trader’s sole discretion.
- The Home Delivery Display is currently provided at no extra cost. However, Auto Trader reserves the right to charge for this Product at some point in the future but will only do so on the basis that Advertisers have been provided with notice of any price changes in accordance with our Main Advertising Terms and Conditions.
- Auto Trader shall be entitled to reject, suspend or remove any Home Delivery Advert where Auto Trader reasonably suspects that the Advertiser has failed to comply with the terms of the Advertising Agreement (including these Rules).
- Auto Trader reserves the right to amend, modify, remove and/or extend this Product at any point with immediate effect.
- Auto Trader may modify these Rules from time to time and Advertisers should therefore ensure that they review these Rules regularly.