Please follow these rules when creating your adverts or videos:
- Our services allow customers to advertise vehicles for sale. However, we don’t own, buy or sell any of the vehicles shown on our website — and we do not get involved in transactions between buyers and sellers.
- When you place an advert and/or a video on our website, you accept and agree to comply with all our Terms & Conditions, plus any relevant legislative or regulatory requirements. Please remember, it is your sole responsibility to ensure your adverts and videos contain correct information about the vehicle that you are advertising.
- We encourage customers to report adverts or videos that they believe are misleading; these are reviewed by our Risk & Compliance team and appropriate action is taken. This may include removal of the advert or video that fails to meet these conditions. PLEASE NOTE: no refunds or credits will be given for adverts or videos removed for breaching guidelines.
- To make sure your advert or video does not get removed, always:
- State the full sale price of the vehicle, and ensure this is consistent throughout the advert.
- State the full mileage, and ensure this is consistent throughout the advert.
Why we remove adverts or videos:
- You mislead buyers about the vehicle or price in the advert or video. For example:
- You include a finance, lease or hire price as the overall vehicle price.
- You include financial promotions anywhere in the advert.
- You advertise a non-existent vehicle – or one that has been recently sold – to attract customers.
- Your advert or video states inconsistent or incorrect mileage. For instance:
- You don’t include any mileage in the advert
- You abbreviate the mileage e.g. 105 when it should state 105,000
- You put an artificially low price in the price field of the advert, but then state a higher price in the advert description.
- Auto Trader is primarily a consumer site and all vehicles advertised for sale via our Consumer channels (Cars, Bikes, Caravans and Motorhomes) must clearly show the full selling price.
- Adverts on the consumer channels incorrectly showing a sale price plus VAT, e.g. £8000 + VAT or £8000 excl. VAT etc., will be removed as misleading or have their prices amended to be inclusive of VAT at the current rate.
Getting more information
Videos need to fully comply with the Vehicle Video Business Rules [link when available]. Where we have identified that the content breaches our guidelines we reserve the right to remove the video and the advert in full. In this event, no refunds or credit will be given.
The small print
We may terminate any advertising agreement or contract immediately by giving notice to the seller by telephone, fax, email or letter. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to refuse to publish any advertisement, provide any advertising services, or remove any or all advertisements from the websites, where the seller breaches the terms of the advertising agreement.