'Refer a Friend' Auto Trader Plant Campaign
The 'Refer a Friend' Auto Trader Plant Campaign is provided subject to the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions which are incorporated into the Rules by reference.
Terms defined in the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions shall have the same meaning in these Rules provided that, should a term be defined in both the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions and these Rules, the meaning of the term defined in these Rules shall have precedence in relation to the Rules.
- In these Rules, unless the context otherwise requires, the following terms have the following meanings:
- “Eligible Referrer” means an Advertiser who has a current Advertising Agreement for plant;
- “Eligible Friend” means a person, firm or company who deals professionally in the buying and selling of plant machinery and who:
- has not advertised with Auto Trader at any stage since 1st September 2019;
- enters into the Advertising Agreement with Auto Trader before 31st March 2020, and such Advertising Agreement remains continuously in force for at least 3 months (and all sums due under such Advertising Agreement are paid in full); and
- is not in any way associated or affiliated with the respective Eligible Referrer; and
- “Incentive” means the sum of £100, to be paid to each of the Eligible Referrer and Eligible Friend:
- by way of the provision of a credit against sums due from each of the Eligible Referrer and Eligible Friend to Auto Trader under its respective Advertising Agreement with Auto Trader; or
- by way of high street “Love2Shop” vouchers,
- Following the referral by an Eligible Referrer of an Eligible Friend to Auto Trader, the Eligible Referrer shall notify Auto Trader accordingly and provide such evidence of such referral as Auto Trader may reasonably request. Following receipt of such evidence and Auto Trader's confirmation of such referral, and provided that the Eligible Friend's Advertising Agreement remains continuously in force for at least 3 months in accordance with these Rules, Auto Trader shall either:
- a. attribute the Incentive to each of the Eligible Referrer's and the Eligible Friend's next monthly invoice as a credit against sums due under its respective Advertising Agreement, subject to paragraphs 3 and 4 below; or
- b. Send high street “Love2Shop” vouchers to the value of the Incentive within 4 weeks to each of the Eligible Referrer's and the Eligible Friend's primary business address held on Auto Trader's systems.
- Eligible Referrers may refer more than one Eligible Friend, but only one Incentive may be paid to an Eligible Referrer per month (either by way of being credited against an Eligible Referrer's invoice under its Advertising Agreement or otherwise supplied in vouchers). In the event that more than one Incentive becomes due to an Eligible Referrer in respect of referrals to Eligible Friends in any particular month, any other Incentive due after the first Incentive may, upon agreement with Auto Trader, either be attributed to the next monthly invoice or supplied in “Love2Shop” vouchers within the following 4-week period (in the event that there isn't already an Incentive payable in respect of such month/period).
- In the event that an Eligible Friend cancels its Advertising Agreement within 3 months of entering into the Advertising Agreement no Incentive will be payable to such Eligible Friend or to any Eligible Referrer in respect of such Eligible Friend.
- The decision as to whether an Eligible Friend has been referred to Auto Trader by an Eligible Referrer in accordance with these Rules shall be made by Auto Trader in its sole discretion.
- Auto Trader reserves the right to amend, modify or remove this 'Refer a Friend' Auto Trader Plant Campaign at any point with immediate effect.