Price Indicator is a search enhancement feature that provides car buyers with a visual indicator to give them visibility of how competitively cars are priced in the market.
These Business Rules are provided subject to the Main Advertising Terms and Conditions which are incorporated in the rules by reference.
Terms defined in the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions shall have the same meaning in these Rules provided that, should a term be defined in both the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions and these Rules, the meaning of the term defined in these Rules shall have precedence in relation to the Rules.
- “Algorithm” refers to the constant evolving mathematical calculations that determine the market valuations of a vehicle.
- “Good Price / Great Price / Priced Low flag” refers to the visual price indicators that are presented to consumers on search listings, full-page adverts and dealer websites. An algorithm evaluates vehicles that have been compared to our market valuations. The flag will display on the vehicles matching the relevant valuations.
- “Market valuations” refers to data that we have collected from vehicle adverts and sales data from dealers, to determine the best prices for a vehicle at current in the market.
- For the “Good Price / Great Price / Priced Low flag” to appear, the vehicle advertised must continually meet the eligibility criteria defined by the algorithm. The flag will automatically be removed if the advertised vehicle does not continually meet the eligibility criteria for the “Good Price / Great Price / Priced Low flag”. Similarly, vehicles priced above the market will not receive a flag.
- The flags will update on a regular basis, determined by the current market valuations which also change daily.
- This is a search enhancement and you cannot opt-out or cancel this service.
- This service is provided at no cost. However, we reserve the right to charge for this service at some point in the future, but will only do so on the basis that you have been provided with seven days’ notice of any price changes in line with our Terms and Conditions.
- The vehicle advertised must meet the criteria of an algorithm which considers several factors about the vehicle, to determine whether it is of ‘good price, great price or priced low.’
- If the vehicle advertised does not fall within the Good Price / Great Price / Priced Low guidelines, a flag will not display on that advert or will be automatically removed as per 2.1.
- The feature can only be removed on Dealer Websites. Please visit the website manager tool to remove the feature on Dealer Websites or contact your Account Manager.