Part-Ex Guide allows consumers to submit a part-exchange enquiry to a Dealer. Part-Ex Guide also offers car buyers a market average guide price (provided by Auto Trader if available) for the car they wish to part-exchange.
These terms are provided subject to the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions which are incorporated into the Rules by reference.
Terms defined in the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions shall have the same meaning in these Rules provided that, should a term be defined in both the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions and these Rules, the meaning of the term defined in these Rules shall have precedence in relation to the Rules.
- Part-Ex Guide consists of 2 products: (a) Part-Ex Guide Ad Views provided at advert level and (b) Part-Ex Guide Websites provided on a Dealer website.
- “Part-Ex Guide Ad Views” functionality integrated into full detail pages (full page advert views) of the Dealers’ advertised stock on Auto Trader;
- “Part-Ex Guide Websites” is integrated onto vehicle advert pages and/or additional webpages on the dealer’s own website. The product is available for either AT Websites or on third party websites (dealer websites not powered by Auto Trader).
- Full Page Adverts
- Part-Ex Guide is included on Full Page Adverts for all advertised stock.
- The vehicle valuation data provided by Auto Trader is currently not available for Vans.
- Part -Ex Guide is currently included as part of your AT Package, however we reserve the right to apply any additional charges at any time in the future. Any change in pricing will be notified to customers with 7 days’ notice.
- If you wish to opt-out of having Part-Ex Guide on your Full Page Adverts, please contact our Customer Services department who will remove this functionality. You may opt-out of having Part-Ex Guide on your Full Page Advert at any time.
- Auto Trader Dealer Websites
- Part-Ex Guide is available for AT Dealer Websites which are part of AT Packages, and is inclusive of the charges payable for AT Packages.
- Part-Ex Guide is also available for AT Dealer Websites which are taken as a standalone product. The charges are payable monthly. We reserve the right to change the pricing at any time. We will provide 7 days’ notification to Dealers prior to any changes being made effective.
- Part-Ex Guide Websites is currently not available for Van customers.
- If you have AT Dealer Websites as part of AT Packages, you may be able to cancel Part-Ex Guide immediately by contacting your Account Manager and requesting cancellation.
- If you have AT Dealer Websites as a stand-alone product, cancellations of Part-Ex Guide are subject to the standard 30-day notice of cancellation in accordance with our Main Advertising Terms and Conditions.
- Third party Websites
- Third party websites refer to Dealer’s Websites which are not powered by Auto Trader.
- Part-Ex Guide on third party websites is currently available as a “try before you buy” for a 12-week period from the date that the product is booked with Auto Trader. After the 12-week period, the free discount will automatically be removed and the product will be charged at the rate agreed with the Account Manager. We reserve the right to change the pricing at any time. We will provide 7 days’ notification to Dealers prior to any changes being made effective.
- You may cancel at any time during the 12-week period.
- If you wish to cancel Part-Ex Guide after the 12-week period, cancellations are subject to the standard 30-day notice of cancellation in accordance with our Main Advertising Terms and Conditions.
- In the event that Part-Ex Guide is cancelled on a third party website, it is the Dealer’s responsibility to remove the code provided from their website within 2 weeks of receiving confirmation of the cancellation.