Independent Stock Offer
Business Rules (“Rules”)
This Independent Stock Offer is provided subject to the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions which are incorporated into the Rules by reference.
Terms defined in the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions shall have the same meaning in these Rules provided that, should a term be defined in both the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions and these Rules, the meaning of the term defined in these Rules shall have precedence in relation to the Rules.
- In these Rules, unless the context otherwise requires, the following terms have the following meanings:
- “Bargain Advert” means an Advertisement of a vehicle which is advertised for sale by the Advertiser for a price less than £1,500.
- “Independent Stock Offer” means the promotion operated by Auto Trader which consists of the following stages:
- “Stage 1” which allows Qualifying Dealers, for the period commencing on 1st December 2018 and ending on 24th January 2019, to advertise double the amount of stock they have currently contracted for under their Adverting Agreement; and
- “Stage 2” which allows Qualifying Dealers who took part in the Stage 1 promotion for the duration of such promotion, to opt in to a further period commencing on 25th January 2019 and ending on 30th April 2019, during which they will be permitted to purchase additional stock at a 50% discount when compared with their current contracted stock rate under their Adverting Agreement;
- “Minimum Qualifying Stock Level” means the amount of stock a Qualifying Dealer has contracted for under its Adverting Agreement as at 12th October 2018; and
- “Qualifying Dealers” means Advertisers who are independent car and van dealers only (including in Northern Ireland), who currently have no other offer or discount applied to their accounts with Auto Trader.
- Qualifying Dealers will be responsible for adding any additional vehicles which it becomes entitled to as part of the Independent Stock Offer either through Portal or via a stock feed.
- Qualifying dealers will no longer qualify for the offer if they downgrade their level of contracted stock within their package during Stage 1 such that is falls below the Minimum Qualifying Stock Level (and in such circumstances any stock in excess of their current contracted stock level under their Adverting Agreement will be immediately removed).
- In the event a Qualifying Dealer downgrades the level of contracted stock within their Package as described at paragraph 3 above, they will not be eligible for the Independent Stock Offer at any point in future regardless of any subsequent Package upgrade.
- Qualifying Dealers who cancel or downgrade their Additional Bargain Adverts at any point after 12th October 2018 will no longer qualify for the Independent Stock Offer.
- Qualifying Dealers can upgrade the amount of stock they have contracted for under their Adverting Agreement at any point during Stage 1 and the amount of additional stock will be automatically doubled.
- Immediately following Stage 1 of the Independent Stock Offer, Qualifying Dealers’ stock levels will revert to the level of stock they have contracted for under their Adverting Agreement unless an order is submitted to Auto Trader for a new increased stock volume.
- Qualifying Dealers wishing to opt in to and be eligible for Stage 2 must opt in before 1st February 2019.
- Qualifying Dealers who opt in to Stage 2 can change their 50% discounted stock amount at any time during Stage 2 of the offer by confirming with their Account Manager.
- Qualifying Dealers who opt in to Stage 2 can cancel their 50% discounted stock at any time during Stage 2, but once cancelled they will be unable to opt back in to Stage 2 at a later date.
- Qualifying Dealers who cancel their Auto Trader Package at any point following the 12th October 2018 and subsequently sign up to a new Package will not be eligible for either this Independent Stock Offer or the Independent New Business Offer.
- Auto Trader shall provide 10 Bargain Adverts, free of charge, to Qualifying Dealers who are currently participating in Stage 1 and who have a level of contracted stock within their Package of less than 40 vehicles. These 10 Bargain Adverts are in addition to any Bargain Adverts which the Advertiser is already entitled to as at 13th December 2018. These 10 Bargain Adverts will be available to the Qualifying Dealers described above until 24th January 2019.
- In the event that there are any Charges payable to Auto Trader by a Qualifying Dealer which remain unpaid beyond the specified due date (as determined in accordance with the Main Advertising Terms and Conditions), such Qualifying Dealer will no longer qualify for the Independent Stock Offer with immediate effect.
- Communication regarding the Independent Stock Offer will be via email, Portal and SMS.
- Qualifying Dealers cannot advertise stock in connection with the Independent Stock Offer on behalf of a third party or another dealer.
- Auto Trader reserves the right to amend, modify or remove this Independent Stock Offer at any point with immediate effect.