Trial Franchise Stock Offer
Last updated: 21 May 2021
Business Rules (“Rules”)
This Franchise Stock Offer is provided subject to the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions which are incorporated into the Rules by reference.
Terms defined in the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions shall have the same meaning in these Rules provided that, should a term be defined in both the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions and these Rules, the meaning of the term defined in these Rules shall have precedence in relation to the Rules.
- In these Rules, unless the context otherwise requires, the following terms have the following meanings:
- “Franchise Stock Offer” means the promotion operated by Auto Trader which will allow Qualifying Dealers, during the Offer Period, to add additional stock to their Advertising Agreement free of charge for the Free Period, provided the Qualifying Dealer retains such additional stock for a period of at least 30 days after the Free Period;
- “Free Period” means a continuous period of 30 days within the Offer Period which begins on the date which Auto Trader shall confirm in writing for each Qualifying Dealer;
- “Free Stock” means the additional stock acquired as a result of the Qualifying Dealer participating in the Franchise Stock Offer;
- “Offer Period” means the period between 1st June 2021 and 31st October 2021 (inclusive); and
- “Qualifying Dealers” means Advertisers who:
- have been invited by Auto Trader to join the Franchise Stock Offer;
- are franchise (meaning they hold a retail franchise from a vehicle manufacturer) car and van dealers (including in Northern Ireland), who currently have no other offer or discount with Auto Trader; and
- meet the downgrade criteria at paragraphs 3 and 4 below.
- The Franchise Stock Offer is available to Qualifying Dealers, subject to these Rules. In order for a Qualifying Dealer to participate in the Franchise Stock Offer, all individual retail sites in such Qualifying Dealer’s franchise group must comply with these Rules and meet the eligibility criteria set out in these Rules (including, but not limited to, the downgrade criteria at paragraphs 3 and 4). If any individual site in a Qualifying Dealer’s franchise group is not eligible for the Franchise Stock Offer, the Qualifying Dealer will not be able to participate in the Franchise Stock Offer.
- Qualifying Dealers will not be eligible for the Franchise Stock Offer if the Qualifying Dealer has given notice to cancel or downgrade the level of stock under their Advertising Agreement in the 2 months prior to its request to participate in the Franchise Stock Offer. Notwithstanding the above, any downgrades to the Qualifying Dealer’s level of contracted stock under their Advertising Agreement which have taken place before 25th May 2021 or are pending as of 25th May 2021 shall not prevent a Qualifying Dealer from being eligible for the Franchise Stock Offer.
- In respect of any Qualifying Dealers who participate in the Franchise Stock Offer, if they give notice during the Free Period to cancel or downgrade the level of stock under their Advertising Agreement, they will become ineligible for the Franchise Stock Offer and the Free Stock shall be charged at Auto Trader’s standard rate card for the duration of the Free Period.
- Qualifying Dealers can only participate in the Franchise Stock Offer for one Free Period during the Offer Period.
- Qualifying Dealers who participate in the Franchise Stock Offer shall not be entitled to participate in any other stock and/or Package offers during the Offer Period.
- Participating in the Franchise Stock Offer constitutes a permanent change to the respective Qualifying Dealer’s Advertising Agreement, and the Free Stock is deemed a formal upgrade in accordance with Main Advertising Terms and Conditions. Accordingly, and for the avoidance of doubt, the standard downgrade and cancellation notice requirements set out in the Main Advertising Terms and Conditions shall apply following the commencement of the Free Period.
- Participation in the Franchise Stock Offer cannot be processed on a self-serve basis by Qualifying Dealers and can only be processed by Auto Trader. However, Qualifying Dealers will be responsible for adding any additional vehicles which they become entitled to as part of the Franchise Stock Offer either through Portal or via a stock feed.
- Qualifying Dealers cannot advertise stock on behalf of a third party.
- Qualifying Dealers shall ensure that individual sites within their franchise group who are eligible for the Franchise Stock Offer shall comply with these Rules, and such Qualifying Dealers shall be primarily liable for such individual sites in connection with these Rules.
- Any associated costs will be detailed via order confirmation and invoice.
- Communication regarding the Franchise Stock Offer will be via email and Portal.
- Auto Trader reserves the right to allow or refuse to allow any Qualifying Dealer to participate in the Franchise Stock Offer at our sole discretion.
- Auto Trader reserves the right to amend, modify or remove this Franchise Stock Offer at any point with immediate effect.