Franchise Stock Offer
Business Rules (“Rules”)
This Franchise Stock Offer is provided subject to the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions which are incorporated into the Rules by reference.
Terms defined in the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions shall have the same meaning in these Rules provided that, should a term be defined in both the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions and these Rules, the meaning of the term defined in these Rules shall have precedence in relation to the Rules.
- In these Rules, unless the context otherwise requires, the following terms have the following meanings:
- “Franchise Stock Offer” means the promotion operated by Auto Trader which will allow Qualifying Dealers to purchase additional stock at a 50% discount of their contracted stock rate (at group level) from 1st September 2019 to the 29th November 2019;
- “Minimum Qualifying Stock Level” means the amount of stock a Qualifying Dealer has contracted for under at group level under its Advertising Agreement as at 1st August 2019; and
- “Qualifying Dealers” means Advertisers who are franchise (meaning they hold a retail franchise from a vehicle manufacturer) car and van dealers (including in Northern Ireland), who currently have no other offer or discount with Auto Trader.
- The Franchise Stock Offer is available to Qualifying Dealers, subject to these Rules.
- Qualifying Dealers will not qualify for the Franchise Stock Offer if (i) a downgrade to the Qualifying Dealer’s level of contracted stock under their Advertising Agreement is pending as of 1st August 2019, or (ii) the Qualifying Dealer gives notice to downgrade their level of contracted stock under their Advertising Agreement below the Minimum Contracted Stock Level at any point following 1st August 2019. In respect of (i) the Qualifying Dealer will not be eligible for the commencement of the Franchise Stock Offer, and in respect of (ii) the Franchise Stock Offer will be removed effective from the date of such notice (such that or any stock added pursuant to the Franchise Stock Offer will be immediately removed).
- In the event a Qualifying Dealer downgrades the level of contracted stock under their Advertising Agreement as described at paragraph 3 above, they will not be eligible for the Franchise Stock Offer at any point in future regardless of any subsequent Package upgrade.
- Qualifying Dealers will be responsible for adding any additional vehicles which it becomes entitled to as part of the Franchise Stock Offer either through Portal or via a stock feed.
- Qualifying Dealers cannot advertise stock on behalf of a third party.
- Qualifying Dealers who take additional stock at a 50% discount pursuant to this Franchise Stock Offer must commit to retain this additional stock for at least six weeks.
- Qualifying Dealers who cancel their Package at any point following 1st August 2019 and subsequently sign up to a new Package will not be eligible for this Franchise Stock Offer in future.
- Immediately following the end of the Franchise Stock Offer the contracted stock amount will revert to the amount of stock the Qualifying Dealer is originally contracted to under their Advertising Agreement (excluding any stock added pursuant to the Franchise Stock Offer), unless an order is submitted to Auto Trader for a new increased stock amount.
- Any associated costs will be detailed via order confirmation and invoice.
- Communication regarding the Franchise Stock Offer will be via email, Portal and SMS.
- Auto Trader reserves the right to allow or refuse to allow any Qualifying Dealer to participate in the Franchise Stock Offer at our sole discretion.
- Auto Trader reserves the right to amend, modify or remove this Franchise Stock Offer at any point with immediate effect.