NDFA / ICDP Research charity donation competition
- The promoter is: Auto Trader Limited of 1 Tony Wilson Place, Manchester M15 4FN (the “Promoter”).
- The title of the competition is “NFDA / ICDP Research competition”.
- Entrants, who meet the eligibility criteria in clause 4, will need to download and return the survey excel file “Auto Trader Digital Retailing Survey 2021” to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, or via the NFDA (for NFDA members) before midnight on Wednesday 21st July (“Competition Period”).
- All entrants that meet the criteria in clause 3.2 will be entered into a random prize draw at the end of the Competition Period, performed by a computer process, with winning entrants selected w/c 26th July.
- 3 winners will be picked at random and each will win a £500 donation to BEN from the Promoter on their behalf. BEN is the Motor and Allied Trades Benevolent Fund. Lynwood Court, Lynwood Village, Rise Road, Ascot, SL5 0FG. A charity registered in England and Wales (no.297877) and Scotland (no.SC039842). A company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales (no.02163894). Registered with the Homes and Communities Agency (no. LH 3766).
How to enter
- The competition will run from 10am on Wednesday 14th July (the "Opening Date") until the end of the Competition Period. All competition entries which do not comply with these terms and conditions, and/or which are received after the end of the Competition Period, will automatically be disqualified.
- To enter the competition, entrants must:
- meet the eligibility criteria in clause 4;
- download, complete and return the survey excel file “Auto Trader Digital Retailing Survey 2021” to the following email address: email@example.com or via the NFDA (for NFDA members)
- No purchase necessary to enter the competition.
- The Promoter will not accept responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, delayed, or otherwise not received by the Promoter due to equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
- By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition winners will be 3 entrants picked at random who complete the survey in accordance with clause 2 above. The 3 entrants shall be selected by the Promoter at random. The decision of the Promoter (acting reasonably) will be final in this regard.
- The competition is open to all Auto Trader retailer customers and NFDA members in the UK aged 18 years or over (Auto Trader retailers must have a current Advertising Agreement with the Promoter and NFDA members must have a valid membership with NFDA), except:
- employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies;
- employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
- members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
- In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
- The Promoter will not accept competition entries that:
- are automatically generated by computer;
- are completed by third parties or in bulk;
- are illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with; and/or
- are incomplete.
- There is a limit of one entry per Auto Trader retailer or NFDA member (as applicable). Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition.
- The prize is 3 x £500 charitable donations to BEN (one per winner), fulfilled by the Promoter.
- Prizes cannot be redeemed for monetary value.
- The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
- The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- The Promoter will contact the 3 winners as soon as practicable.
- No action is needed to claim the prize, the Promoter will make the donation on the winners’ behalf in accordance with clause 7.
- The Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation the Promoter will send the business names of the 3 winners, to anyone who emails askAT@autotrader.co.uk or writes to the address set out in clause 1 (enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within one month of the Opening Date of the competition. If you object to your business name being made available, please contact the Promoter at the address set out in clause 1. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
Claiming the prize
- The Promoter will make the charitable donation within 30 days or as soon as is reasonable.
- The prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf.
Limitation of liability
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Ownership of competition entries and intellectual property rights
- You agree that the Promoter may, but is not required to, make your entry available on its website www.autotrader.co.uk, social media platforms and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the competition. You agree to grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the competition entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes.
- In entering the competition, you hereby confirm that:
- your submission is an original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe third-party rights; and
- you will produce evidence of any required consents at the Promoter’s request, or risk being disqualified from entering the prize competition.
Data protection and publicity
- Entrants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
- If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.