Auto Trader Packages
Last updated: 24 May 2021
Auto Trader Packages are provided subject to the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions which are incorporated into the Rules by reference.
Terms defined in the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions shall have the same meaning in these Rules provided that, should a term be defined in both the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions and these Rules, the meaning of the term defined in these Rules shall have precedence in relation to the Rules.
- “Bonus Adverts” in relation to Independent Retailers only, refers to free Adverts available in addition to the contracted Advert amount. The amount of such free Adverts varies dependent on the quantity of contracted Adverts taken.
- “Flex Adverts” in relation to Franchise Retailers only, refers to free Adverts available in addition to the contracted Advert amount. The amount of such free Adverts varies dependent on the quantity of contracted Adverts taken.
- “DID” means “Dealer Identification” and refers to a unique identification number provided to individual retailers.
- “Package” or “Package Level” refers to the relevant level of service obtained from Auto Trader, such levels of service to be determined from time to time by Auto Trader at its discretion, and shall be published at https://trade.autotrader.co.uk/packages/
- “Price Band” means the range of costs applicable to Retailer’s chosen Package.
- “Retailers” refers to our Trade customers and can mean the person, firm or company who is purchasing Auto Trader Packages from Auto Trader. Other definitions include:
- “Franchise Retailer” refers to a Retailer who holds an automotive franchise contract;
- “Group” refers to multiple franchises commonly held by a single legal entity (group structure) where the contract is held at group level; and
- “Independent Retailers” refers to a Retailer with no links to an automotive franchise contract.
- "Tactical Stock Adverts” refers to Adverts that can be added to a Package at any time. These Adverts are not subject to 30 days’ downgrade notice.
- At the point of sign up a Retailer’s forecourt stock must be greater than or equal to the contracted stock.
- The Price Band that a Group is booked onto is based on the sum of the individual DID stock level rounded up to the nearest Price Band. This does not include any additional stock allocated within Flex Adverts or Bonus Adverts.
- A Retailer can choose any Package regardless of its stock volume and can move up a Package at any time on request.
- Retailers can also purchase additional stand-alone products on request. Please contact your Account Manager to discuss the options.
Stock Level Changes
- Minimum stock level for any Retailer is 5 cars.
- If a Retailer’s stock level increases, the Retailer has the flexibility to utilise our Tactical Stock Adverts. Tactical Stock Adverts have been designed to help Retailers facilitate additional Adverts if they exceed their current contract stock levels. such circumstances, the Retailer is required to contact the Account Support Team or their Account Manager, who will advise accordingly at the time of the request.
- Similarly, if a Retailer’s stock level decreases they will need to contact the Account Support Team or their Account Manager to request a downgrade of contracted Adverts:
- Group requests also need to be made via their Account Manager;
- Any downgrades to stock require 30 days’ notice as per the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions; and
- Any downgrades to Tactical Stock Adverts can be requested for immediate effect.
- If the Retailer is participating in a Stock Offer, the price of this stock will increase in line with Auto Trader’s annual rate review from the 1st April.
- For Franchise Retailer (Group or Single Site), Flex Adverts will be available for advertising throughout the duration of the Advertising Agreement; this will be applied across all sites.
- If a Franchise Retailer (Group or Single Site) downgrades their contracted stock from their baselined stock level, they will lose Flex Adverts for 3 months for the entire Group/Site. If the Group/Site subsequently upgrades back to the previous contracted stock at any point after downgrading, then Flex Adverts will be re-instated.
- ‘Contract stock level’ is baselined on the 1st March each year. Tactical increases should not be included in this calculation.
- Tactical increases are classed as anything lasting 2 months or under.
- Auto Trader reserves the right to withhold the use of Flex Adverts, at its sole discretion at any time.
- For Independent Retailers, Bonus Adverts will be accepted for advertising throughout the duration of the Advertising Agreement.
- Auto Trader reserves the right to make exceptions to above conditions at the discretion of the management team, which will be confirmed in writing.
- Product volume discounts for Groups are calculated based on the total stock for the Group.
- New sites that become part of a Group will benefit from any existing Group volume discounts & Flex Advert arrangements.
- Similarly, if a DID is no longer part of a Group, the product volume discount will be recalculated to factor this change.
Cancellation and Downgrades
- As outlined in the Main Advertising Terms and Conditions, unless expressly stated otherwise in the Business Rules for a particular Product, a minimum of 30 days’ written notice is required for cancellation or downgrade in Package Levels that results in a reduction in fees made payable by the Retailer.
- For Groups or Franchise Retailers:
- Packages can be downgraded or cancelled if the overall Group or Franchise Retailer’s spend is not impacted. If a downgrade or cancellation impacts the Group or Franchise Retailer’s spend, then spend would have to be increased at other sites to maintain the overall Group spend;
- Package downgrade for a Group or Franchise Retailer can be agreed at site level but requires Group approval and is subject to 30 days’ notice. The Group rate will be reviewed and re-calibrated by the Account Manager;
- Stock downgrade for the Group or Franchise Retailer can only be agreed at Group level by the Account Manager. The rate will be adjusted as necessary subject to 30 days’ notice;
- Site cancellation for the Group or Franchise Retailer can be agreed at site level subject to 30 days’ notice;
- Site cancellation for the Group or Franchise Retailer will result in a recalculation for the product volume discount to factor this change.
- Group or Franchise Full Cancellation can only be agreed at Group level by the Account Manager, subject to 30 days’ notice.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of these Rules, Retailers shall not be permitted to downgrade to the Bargain Standard Package Level. The Bargain Standard Package is only available to Retailers who have not subscribed to a Package in the 3 months prior to the point of the Retailer subscribing to the Bargain Standard Package.