Advertise to Trade
Advertise to Trade allows Dealers to sell their Overage Vehicle Stock to other Dealers via Smart Buying. Smart Buying is a trade to trade marketplace provided by Autostock, accessible through Portal, subject to and in accordance with the Smart Buying Terms and Conditions.
This service is provided subject to our Main Advertising Terms and Conditions which are incorporated into the Rules by reference.
Terms defined in the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions shall have the same meaning in these Rules if, should a term be defined in both the Main Advertising Terms & Conditions and these Rules, the meaning of the term defined in these Rules shall have precedence in relation to the Rules.
- “Smart Buying” refers to the trade to trade platform provided by Autostock via Portal.
- “Smart Buying Dealers” refers to dealers who have an agreement with Auto Trader to use the Smart Buying platform.
- “Autostock” refers to Auto Trader Autotock Limited (company no. 11499895) whose registered office is 1 Tony Wilson Place, Manchester M15 4FN.
- “Overage Vehicle Stock” or “Stock” refers to stock which has been advertised for 45 days plus.
- “Advertise to Trade Dealers” refers to dealers who do not have an agreement in place to use Smart Buying, but want to dispose of Overage Vehicle Stock via the Smart Buying platform.
- Advertise to Trade:
- is only available to Dealers who do not have the Smart Buying product;
- allows Dealers to advertise and sell Overage Vehicle Stock on the Smart Buying platform. This stock must have previously been recorded on the stock management area within Portal for more than 45 days to be eligible for Advertise to Trade. Eligible Stock will be highlighted with an indicator;
- may involve the pre-population of Adverts with information and images of the vehicle from previous Advertisements. It is the Advertise to Trade Dealer’s responsibility to ensure that all information is accurate before submitting the Advertisement; and
- only allows Advertise to Trade Dealers to sell vehicles to, not purchase vehicles from, Smart Buying Dealers.
- Overage Vehicle Stock advertised via Advertise to Trade will be visible to all Smart Buying Dealers.
- Overage Vehicle Stock should be advertised at a price which is less than 95% of the valuation of the vehicle. This valuation is provided by Auto Trader and is displayed at the time of creating the Advertisement.
- Where the vehicle has been subject to additional specifications, the valuation may not factor these additions and therefore may not be accurate.
- On occasion, valuations for a vehicle may not be available.
- The purchase of any Overage Vehicle Stock advertised is directly between Smart Buying Dealers and Advertise to Trade Dealers via email and/or telephone in accordance with the Smart Buying Terms and Conditions. Auto Trader has no involvement in the transaction and accepts no liability for any issues that occur as a result of this transaction.
- Advertise to Trade Dealers may accept an offer to purchase the stock from any Smart Buying Dealer at their sole discretion.
- Advertise to Trade:
- Advertise to Trade is inclusive of the charges payable for Auto Trader Packages.
Cancellations & Terminations
- Cancellation is subject to the terms outlined in the Main Advertising Terms and Conditions.
- If you wish to opt-out of this product only, please contact Customer Services or your Account Manager.
- We reserve the right to terminate the availability of Advertise to Trade to Dealers who continually advertise their Overage Vehicle Stock close to the valuation provided by Auto Trader.