Gain an advantage over your local and national competition by using your experience in combination with our data, to support you in buying the stock that consumers are searching for right now – at the right price. Autotrade Mail can help you dispose of aging vehicles quickly to the trade before stocking costs begin to erode your profit margin per car.
Did you know? Once a vehicle has been in stock for over 45 days, the average profit lost is £6 per car, per day.
52% of dealer stock is not well matched to the local area it's advertised in - based on demand, supply, margin potential and speed of sale.
£1,148 is the average cost of buying a car at auction (including prep), eroding your potential profit margin on those cars.
- Have smoother conversations and reduce the hassle of negotiating with buyers
- 80% of consumers find the car buying and selling process stressful
- Nearly a third of consumers claim to have walked away from a part-ex deal due to a disagreement on price
- Buy and sell to a trusted network of over 4,200 other like-minded traders on the UK’s leading online used car marketplace, Autotrade Mail
- Dispose of your overage stock to improve your stock turn and free up cash to buy more desirable vehicles
- Advertise any aging vehicles to retail and to the trade at the same time to secure a quick sale
- Improve your profit margin per car by avoiding costly auction fees.
Smart Buying from Autotrade Mail
- Use data in combination with your experience, to support your decisions when buying from multiple sources
- Find the most desirable cars in your local area right now, at the right price – based on what consumers are actually searching for
- Upload stock lists from auctions and other sources to help you quickly refine which cars are suited to your forecourt
- Save time when buying vehicles by letting the data do the manual work.
“We had a car which we really couldn’t sell. It was a Megane, not my usual market, I purchased it thinking it would sell easily. I was wrong, I tried everything to get rid of it, amending my ad, increasing, decreasing my pricing, giving it all my love, but 140 days went by and it was still on my forecourt. I didn’t know what to do.
One day I received the call of my contact at Auto Trader, Tim Lawton, I told him about my problem and he suggested to "Test the trade". He showed me how, with a few clicks, I could advertise my car to retail and trade at the same time, maximising my opportunities to sell.
I couldn’t believe it: from uploading the advert to the trade I had an offer on the Megane in 5 minutes. I took the offer, sent the invoice, money in the bank."
Duncan Metcalf - Dukes carsSee more from our customers